CONCORD – Prolific appears to be an apt description of the alleged Concord vehicle burglar, Kameron Napoleon.
According to authorities and court documents, the 20-year-old Concord man is charged with 81 counts mostly felonies and misdemeanors related to the burglary of 29 vehicles over four months earlier this year.
The counts include 29 counts of felony and misdemeanor second degree vehicle burglary, 15 counts of grand theft of personal property for what was stolen from the vehicles, 22 counts of The charge of vandalism for damage to vehicles and the remainder of petty theft, vandalism and identity theft count.
He is also charged with illegal possession of a firearm that was found during a search of his home on May 11 by police conducting their investigation. He is not allowed to own a firearm due to two convictions as a minor, authorities said. He was not at home at the time.
According to court documents, the party ran from April 20 to September 5, with several break-ins on certain days, including five on July 13.
Concord Police Detective Christine Corey said the majority of targeted vehicles were in shopping center parking lots, including Sunvalley, Willows, The Veranda and Seafood City supermarket.
Most were done during the day or early evening. Cars and SUVs, some of them rental, were the main targets.
The windows of the vehicle were smashed and more than $ 30,000 in property was taken in the burglaries where a loss was reported. Among the stolen goods were cell phones, computers, backpacks, suitcases, cash and other items, including two drones and baby clothes, according to the documents.
Police were able to identify Napoleon as a suspect thanks to witness statements, CCTV and because he was using his own car, a Mercedes.
A $ 2 million warrant has been issued against his arrest. Police alerted other law enforcement agencies and told them he could drive the Mercedes.
Hercules police spotted the Mercedes on October 2 in block 3800 of Avenida San Pablo and Napoleon was arrested. A search of the vehicle uncovered a “men’s handbag” containing a loaded gun, police said. This led to Napoleon also being charged with carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle, having a firearm concealed in a vehicle, and possessing a firearm and ammunition by an unregistered owner.
According to court records, Napoleon has pleaded not guilty to the charges and a pre-trial hearing is scheduled for October 27. Prison records do not show that he is in custody.